Reminder Policy 2520.4 West Virginia College- and Career Readiness standards for Social Studies are on public comment until May 16th at 4pm. http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/
There are no major changes to the social studies content of the current courses.
- A new numbering system,
- removal of common core literacy standards and
- the addition of grade band indicators will allow parents and teacher to guide and monitor progress.
- Literacy skills are included in the grade band indicators.
- Three high school courses were added to provide more offerings to students.
- Investigation of postsecondary education and workforce preparedness skills have been added to the personal finance standards in Civics.
- This policy includes content standards that reflect a rigorous, challenging and focused curriculum.
Robert “Joey” Wiseman Jr.
WVDE Office of Middle/Secondary Learning