West Virginians are proud to be West Virginians. West Virginians, whether by birth or choice, whether current resident or “not-for-now,” all have a unique love for their state.
It may be impossible to find a song about West Virginia that does not include the word “Home.” When traveling, or moving to another place, we West Virginians will look for other people or things that remind us of Home. When crossing the state line – whether over a river or a mountain, between the mountains, or even through a mountain – and the sign says “Welcome to Wild and Wonderful West Virginia,” it really means “Welcome Home!”
This is the spirit that helped create MH3WV. It is a non-profit organization with a specific purpose: “To support and enhance the teaching of West Virginia Studies.” We are independent and not part of any of the organizations to which we have internet links, but have gathered information to support our purpose.
This website is the first part. Here will be found dozens of links to WV and US websites, and more than a few YouTube videos, all showcasing the diversity of our hills, our heritage and our home. It will be constantly updated, never really finished, and we will highlight changes on the home page in the “What’s New” section. Whether you are a student, a teacher, or someone just wanting to learn more, this website can be your “One Stop Start” for West Virginia Studies.
There is more to come: a Facebook page, and Instagram (because that is where the young folks are, at least for now), perhaps Twitter and other social media. Items for the classroom will be developed as we receive feedback. See the contact page or email email@example.com.
– June 20, 2014
MH3WV – “The One Stop Start” for West Virginia Studies – was inspired, in part, by a series of short radio programs from the 1950s and early 1960s in Kanawha County on WCHS, produced with the Junior League of Charleston and Kanawha County Schools, variously called Know Your State, Exploring Your State, or simply, Your State. Along with similar programs, Our Musical Heritage and Musical Pictures, many of the audio programs and printed materials are available on a website. A more complete story is there.
- all the national and WV state agencies to which we have links, because their work preserves our history and culture, and makes that information easily available to everyone, including students in WV Studies
- the other, mostly non-profit, organizations to which we have links
- individuals and organizations who have posted YouTube videos
- students, faculty and staff of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Law Clinic of the West Virginia University College of Law
- Morgantown Printing and Binding
- WV Division of Culture and History
We will not link to any websites that are commercial or political in nature, nor to any that have an abundance of advertising, unless specifically noted as such. Sponsors/donors of MH3WV (“The One Stop Start” for WV) will be identified as such; their small logos may also appear on printed materials. We try not to add any additional commercialism to the classroom.
We will not share any personally identifiable information, such as names, email addresses, etc. with any other organization.
Privacy and Legal:
We may collect the following information:
- The name of your domain; for example, “abzcompany.com”;
- The IP address of the client accessing the web site(s);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site(s);
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site(s), if applicable;
- The pages you visit within the website(s); and
- The links made to other websites through our site(s).
This information is collected for purposes of determining what information is of most and least interest to all visitors and in improving content and performance of the site(s). This information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes.
We may collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide while visiting this website or social media. Examples of personally identifiable information may include (but are not limited to):
- An e-mail address, if you are communicating with us through e-mail;
- Information you voluntarily submit to us for the purposes of completing or submitting an application or form online; and
- Other information volunteered, such as vendor profile/contact information, survey information or content of e-mail.
Trademarks, Service Marks, and Copyrights
All trademarks, service marks or copyrights appearing on this website and other linked websites are trademarks, service marks, or copyrights of their respective owners. .
Information provided on this website is intended to allow the public convenient access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current and reliable information, we cannot guarantee that the information will be error-free. Therefore, mh3wv,inc. expressly denies any guarantee of the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published through our websites and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information.
Any person who relies upon such information obtained from these websites, does so at his or her own risk.
The contents of this website are published for information purposes only and subject to change without notice.