State Auditor Glen B. Gainer III, in partnership with Investor Protection Trust, is pleased to extend an invitation to West Virginia teachers to attend Finance University on July 20-25, 2014. The program will be located at the Marriott in Charleston, West Virginia.
Finance University will assist teachers who want to attain or renew the Personal Finance Education Specialist advanced credential or receive continuing education credit hours. If you are willing to take a week of your summer to learn more about earning, spending, saving and investing, we are committed to help you earn the credit hours and advanced credential associated with this program. You will have the opportunity to share experiences with leading experts as they assist you in integrating personal finance into your classroom.
- Accommodations and meals for teachers are provided by a generous grant from the Investor Protection Trust.
- Teachers will be reimbursed for mileage at the GSA Rate effective July, 2014.
- A laptop computer is required on-site. There will be a pre-course assignment.
- There is a fee for those choosing to receive three hours of professional development credit from West Virginia University and a Personal Finance Education Specialist advanced credential from the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Find out more about Finance University here
Robert “Joey” Wiseman Jr.
Office of Secondary Learning